Monday 3 September 2012

"You know, I bet you're a real yo-yo!"

So this is my first ever blogger post, so bear with me if it's not up to standard.

On the weekend it was a dear friend of mine's birthday party, and she had the amazing idea of  making it "retro" theme. My partner decided he would go as James Dean to my 50's honey. My house mate is a big fan of the 50's/ vintage look and she was kind enough to give me one of her Hell Bunny dresses! She did my hair and make up as well, I felt like a real life Barbie Doll. 
Our inspiration for the night:

James Dean and Natalie Wood in Rebel Without a Cause 



Dress- Hell Bunny
Hair and makeup: Harlow Hair and Make Up 






It won't be the last of my pretty make-overs. Harlow is an extremely talented hair and make up artist and is working on her portfolio, and I'm her in house model! So keep your eyes peeled for more of her amazing work. You can find her HERE.
Adorably, a friend of mine decided that she would draw me because she loved this photo shoot so much, amazing isn't it!?
That's all for now lovelies, comment and subscribe! xx

12 comments:

  1. OMG you are absolutely gorgeous! this dress looks so nice on you! and your friend is really talented... i wish i had someone to draw me like that!
    <3
    xxxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much beautiful! And she is amazing :D

      Delete
  2. Love the vintage look

    X/O
    natfash.blogspot.com
    Follow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! I especially love your hair colour, it looks wonderful! Sounds like a cool party, I look forward to more posts! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you both look so good together ...

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you share clothes with your housemates? I remember Harlow wearing that dress (I have it, too- love Hell Bunny!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we don't often share clothes- but like I said in my post, Harlow lent me this dress for a party :) yeah, it's an extremely lovely dress

      Delete
  6. Hell Bunny is such a great brand! Did you get the petticoat from them too?

    Also loving that he dressed as James Dean too, and that drawing is just so fun. You look great.

    www.withoutastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah I didn't :) it's actually from this shop called Off Ya Tree, it's this kind of strange gothic/ smoke/ piercing place haha, but yeah :) thank you so much <3

      Delete
  7. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. 릴게임

    ReplyDelete